Home Forums Archives Network News WebTV users?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Keymaster
    Scandinavia, WI

I noticed a search query come in from ‘Ask Jeeves’ aka http://www.ask.com that pertained to WebTV – “Where can webtv people chat?”

Well the last time I had checked the webtv chat interface was still working but I could be wrong. When a webtv user clicks on the ‘chat now’ buttons of the chat logins they are redirected to the webtv interface. I used to test this chat interface using a tool provided on the webtv (now msntv, I believe?) but the last time I tried it it was blocked from accessing chat rooms or some other such nonsense. (wtg MS)

I have a much older version of the webtv emulator burried somewhere on cd and if I get a few days free I’ll start digging for it. For some reason that version didn’t seem to hindered when accessing chat servers. Of course this may have all changed and I’ll end up getting nowhere with it. Until then I have no idea if WebTV is working here or not.

Nothing rhymes with Cindy Crawford after 9 coronas...
    KI_Avenger_G
    Participant

hi

susaninthegarden
    Participant
    Idaho

did you ever find out if it did work with webtv?

susaninthegarden
    Participant
    Idaho

ok i found out and yes they can get in to the chats.

no problems with them getting in at all.

Dave
    Keymaster
    Scandinavia, WI

Thanks susan

Yes I did test with my older version of the emulator but it didn’t work. Microsoft has it blocked from that functionallity.

I’ll try not to break anything when I update those pages.

Nothing rhymes with Cindy Crawford after 9 coronas...
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Network News’ is closed to new topics and replies.