Home Forums Archives Ramblings… Wow, this place grew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    xAngelBeastx
    Participant

and I say that not as a shock, but more as a proud impressed sort of way. I remember when we’d all be chatting on Chat-net in #t-or_d, and Dave was thinking about creating this place and needed a few suggestions, I think i suggested wwwthreads board… I finally found a scrap of paper that had the server info again, tried to connect didn’t work, so I went with known server ports, and found it to be 7070, noticed /list command was disabled. So I came here… Just wanted to check back with Dave and see how him and his fish are doing… I hope you got more fish after that fire.

Dave
    Keymaster
    Scandinavia, WI

Hey VonBeast

Yep we’re still around. Or, that is I am. LOL others do float in from time to time. Alisha is around now and agan. Rza makes the occassional appearance and even Tristan stumbled in the other day.

Yes thanks to you I started down the path of PHP/MySQL development. wwwThreads kicked that off. I’m still on the old license and it’s what is being used here.

In July me and a couple of friends will be releasing a direct competitor (initial beta release) to wwwThreads (UBB.threads now) with a built in photo gallery and portal system. It will be priced right so if you know of anyone looking for such a thing built from the ground up let me know.

I have a number of standard commands disabled on the servers to help keep rooms private and lesson the chance a stray village idiot should wander in. I have been getting a number of requests for room lists so I’ll be adding that as an option under the profiles here so that room owners can enter their room names and descriptions. I’ll create a list from that information and allow it to be browsed with direct entrance from here.

I’m usually auto-dead in #ChattersOnline. Drop in and idle some time. I peak in now and agin while coding on things.

Oh and yes, have a pair of mated clown fish. Will be looking into building me that 1,000 gallon monster tank sometime in the future. I need more fish. LoL

Nothing rhymes with Cindy Crawford after 9 coronas...
    Alisha
    Participant
    Missouri

hi there 😛

Misty
    Participant
    NY

Hi! You don’t know me, but still HI!

~~~Misty~~~{@ Im the little one...and mysterious one
    Nude_Surf
    Participant

Just got a sudden urge to see if my old chat connections still worked as well…haven’t had the time to chat in the last 2 (or maybe 3) years…hmmmm…serendipity? I feel like the stray village idiot that stranded in, but thanks for providing some constancy. Good to see folks from the old #tord days remain in contact. Sounds like you have your hands full DD and are doing quite well.

ladyalone and I are in our last year of poverty and I should be entering the job market in fall of this year–wonder if they’ll send me somewhere cold…oh how I’ll miss the warm California sun.

Alisha
    Participant
    Missouri

OMG Nude Surf!!! It’s been a long time since I saw you.. how are you and ladyalone doing?!?! I used to have your email addy in my address book but i got a new puter and lost it.. you two email me sometime.. [email protected]

Dave
    Keymaster
    Scandinavia, WI

Hey NS LTNS

I’m glad to hear that you and ladyalone are together and well. It’s amazing how time flies. *sigh*

Keep checking back. Changes are coming to make chatting easier.

Nothing rhymes with Cindy Crawford after 9 coronas...
    Nude_Surf
    Participant

Heya DD and all the other people,

Always great to know where the friends are! This place rocks!

Nude_Surf
    Participant

I feel somewhat outta the loop. Can someone direct me to how I can renew ties dating back to #Alisha?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Ramblings…’ is closed to new topics and replies.