Revised: September 20, 2003
In this document, "we" refers to ChattersOnline.com, "user"
refers to you and "Guidelines" refers to this document.
As a user, you are subject to the terms
of the ChattersOnline.com Guidelines, and other rules that may be
published from time to time by ChattersOnline.com.
ChattersOnline.com is provided currently
as a free service to users who agree to abide by the terms and conditions
of our Guidelines. ChattersOnline.com reserves the right to revise
and update these Guidelines at any time without any prior notification
to our users. Users who violate the terms of our Guidelines may permanently
be banned from using ChattersOnline.com.
When you connect to our chat servers
or use our forums area on ChattersOnline.com or use any other service
we provide, that constitutes your acceptance of the terms
listed below. If you do not agree to abide by our Guidelines, please
do not use our services and politely leave ChattersOnline.com.
Please keep in mind that you are entirely responsible and liable for all activities
conducted through our services at ChattersOnline.com.
- We don't tolerate harassment, expressions of bigotry, hatred, abuse or threats of harm to anyone.
- We welcome people of all ages (over 13 years of age, of course),
races, religions, genders, national origins, sexual orientations
and points of view.
- We encourage chatroom users not to give personal identifying
information or passwords to anyone on our network. Users should
be aware that, when they disclose personal identifying information
such as their actual name, member name, email address, etc., on
our network, the information may be collected and used by others
to send that person unsolicited email from other parties.
- We don't condone any illegal activities.
Specifically, You may not use our network to distribute
unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork,
text, recordings, designs or computer programs. In addition, we
do not allow the trading or swapping of images that are sexually
explicit, obscene or vulgar. Because there can be no way of ensuring
compliance with this section, rooms titled for the purpose of exchanging
or swapping images are not allowed.
- Stalking of others, on our network or in other manners, is a
serious offense. In many areas, such behavior is considered to be
a criminal act. We reserve the right to release information to the
proper authorities, because of a violation of our Guidelines or
because of unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed, or if
we deem it necessary and/or appropriate.
- We cannot guarantee the content of comments that you will receive
while you are online. Other people's comments may be offensive,
harmful and/or inaccurate.
- The ChattersOnline.com staff do not offer
professional advice of any kind. Staff speak from their own experience
and voice their own opinions when helpful.
Chat hosts (room owners) claim no professional insight, expertise or authority,
and ChattersOnline.com claims no responsibility for their remarks.
- ChattersOnline.com doesn't allow posting or use of
computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses,
worms, trojan horses, etc.
- We also discourage disruptive conduct: persistent off-topic comments
in a topic-oriented chat, or the physical act of "scrolling"
(repeatedly hitting the return key in a chatroom) all are considered
- The use sounds in a repetitive manner that disrupts the topic
or conversation in a room, is not allowed. Users inviting others
to visit web sites with content that would not comply with ChattersOnline.com
Guidelines are considered to be in violation of our Guidelines.
- We do not allow unauthorized commercial activity. We encourage
communication between our members, but posting or transmitting of
unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials,
or any other forms of solicitation to other users, in ChattersOnline.com,
except in those areas that maybe designated for such a purpose,
is not allowed.
- We encourage your participation in upholding ChattersOnline.com
- We want your visit here to be enjoyable. If you have questions
about ChattersOnline.com Guidelines, or need to report a violation,
please email us.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend access
to our chat rooms for conduct that we believe interferes with other peoples'
Here is some very specific legal langauge:
- Neither ChattersOnline.com, it's advertisers or partners make any warranty with respect to any content,
information or services provided through or in conjunction with
our chat rooms and our site and our network. (Our translation: We
try our best to provide quality services and problems may occur
but first and foremost, no suing!)
- ChattersOnline.com, it's advertisers or partners are not liable for conduct by any user in chat rooms,
private messages, profiles or forums area. (Our translation:
We can't stand behind every user and club them when they are bad,
and remember, no suing!)
- ChattersOnline.com, it's advertisers or partners make no guarantee of the accuracy, correctness
or completeness of any information on the site, and are not responsible
for: (i) any errors of omission arising from the use of such information;
(ii) any failures, delays or interruptions in the delivery of any
content or service contained within the site; (iii) any libelous
or unlawful material contained within user profiles or postings.
(Our translation: You may find an occasional error but after
all we're only human so no suing!)
- As a user, you agree to indemnify ChattersOnline.com, it's advertisers or partners against any and all
claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from the
use of chat rooms and our site. This expressly includes: 1) user
responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation
or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights, and 2) any
libelous or unlawful material contained within user chat comments,
profiles or message board postings. (Our translation: Suing doesn't
Please remember that ChattersOnline.com is an internet destination consisting
of real people from all over the world. Treat these people with respect and care as
you would want them to do the same for you. Thank you.
|NOTICE: In compliance with the Childrens Online Protection
Act, 15 U.S.C. section 6501 - 6506 and 16 C.F.R.312.1-312.12,
this site does not permit children under 13 years of age to become