Home Forums Archives Network News Got Worms?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Keymaster
    Scandinavia, WI

There’s another worm on the loose. My email loads onto my laptop which runs SuSE 9.0 so the lovely little critters do nothing more than take up space. Since 12:00 AM till this point I have recieved 63 of them. More information can be found here: http://www.theinquirer.net.

I have posted the following information before but it’s worth doing so again since there still seems to be a number of people out there without protection.

If you don’t have an antivirus program you can get a free one from here: AVG Antivirus

Got spyware/adware on your computer? Find out and get rid of it for free: Ad-Aware

Have a firewall? No? Get a free one here: ZoneAlarm

Got the messenger spam blues? Get rid of them. More info here: Messenger Spam (I attached a graphic on ‘how to’ also, but follow at own risk!) Also note that Microsoft’s next service pack SP2 for Windows XP will disable this feature. The service pack is due out this spring sometime.

Kill plug and play! It’s evil. Your computer doesn’t need to speak to your fridge. More information here: UnPlug n’ Pray (It’s been a while since I looked at Steve Gibson’s site but I noticed he has a messenger removal tool also. Definately worth using)

Shut down DCOM! (more info here at Gibson’s site)

Alternately, you could give up Windows and install SuSe.

Nothing rhymes with Cindy Crawford after 9 coronas...
    seanbig
    Participant

nope?!

DUDE u do not know how confused I’am right now!!!!!!!!!!!

hey! yoll have time reply thankx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Network News’ is closed to new topics and replies.